Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program
Cheektowaga-Sloan’s Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) is a New York State funded program. It runs 5 days a week, 2 ½ hours per day, and follows the school district calendar. There is no cost to families who participate. Parents, however, are responsible for their child’s transportation to and from school.
Our quality program utilizes research based, age-appropriate practices that are aligned with the State’s Pre-Kindergarten Foundation for the Common Core.
Children will acquire pre-reading skills, a richer vocabulary, and strong basic math skills. As they begin to explore the world away from home, they will begin to develop a sense of independence in a safe and secure environment where they will play, listen, talk, share, discover, explore, and experiment. They will also grow socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually, which will better prepare them for kindergarten.
- Child must be four years old on or before December 1, 2018 (Birth Certificate required).
- Child must be a resident of the Cheektowaga-Sloan School District (Proof of Residency required).
- Child’s original and one copy of birth certificate (required at time of registration)
- Copy of three current proofs of residence (tax bill, utility bills, payroll document, etc. required at time of registration)
- Parent(s)/Guardian Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc. required at time of registration)
- Custody papers (if applicable.)
- Immunization record (required at time of registration)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - 3 doses
- DPT - at least 3 doses
- Polio Vaccine - at least 3 doses
- MMR - 1 dose (given on or after 1st birthday)
- HIB - 3 doses (if given before 15 months) OR 1 dose (if given after 15 months)
- Varicella Vaccine - 1 dose
- Pneumococcal Vaccine if born on or after 1/1/2008 – 4 doses by 15 months of age
- Physical examination
- A physical is required within 30 days of the first day of school. It is highly recommended to have this at the time of registration along with your immunization records.
Whether your child participates in our program or any other preschool experience, it is important to have their immunizations current.Please contact the Central Registrar at 891-6427 for an appointment. Registrations are by appointment only.
For more information, to register using our new online system, or to view and print registration documents please visit our Central Registration page.