Welcome to the ALCOUR MISSION:To offer an accessible and supportive learning environment for students, regardless of level of preparation and achievement, to be able to access professional educators, academic advisors, and even peer tutors, to become more efficient and effective learners. The Academic Learning Center provides individualized support structures to ensure students are prepared to meet college and career readiness expectations. Through multiple and diverse opportunities, resources, and assistance all students will have the support needed to meet their individual academic goals.HOW CAN THE ALC HELP STUDENTS ACHIEVE?The ALC provides learners with a variety of just-in-time supports, which include, but are not limited to:
- GradPoint Online Credit Recovery Program for students at risk of not graduating.
- Small group re-teaching and tutoring with teacher or peers.
- Skills development, including study strategies, organization, time management, and test taking.
- Additional support with class assignments, homework, coursework, and/or projects.
- Regents preparation and remediation.
- SAT and ACT preparation.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The ALC is open everyday during periods 2-4 and periods 7-9, with some opportunities for before and after school support through special arrangement.
ALC recommendations for students can be made by completing the ALC Support Request Form or online survey.
Please make arrangements for the ALC with your study hall teacher before coming down to the ALC. We operate on a first come, first serve basis, and we have a limited number of seats available each period.