This page contains information on the Cheektowaga-Sloan UFSD reopening plan and COVID-19 updates. Please click on the links below and to the left for the latest information.
Updated Guidance from NYS Department of Health and NYS Education DepartmentClick here for the most recent guidance from the New York State Department of Health and the New York State Education Dept.What do I do if my child tests positive with an at-home COVID-19 antigen test?
- Your child must stay home from school and begin isolation for 5 days (day 0 is the day symptoms began or the day of the positive test result), AND it is recommended you report the case to your child's health office.
- You may use the "Isolation and Exposure Calculator" available from the CDC to determine your isolation period.
What do I do if my child demonstrates symptoms of COVID-19?
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms, you might have COVID-19. Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you are sick:
- Keep track of your symptoms.
- If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), call 911.
- If your child has a fever, they need to stay home and may return to school after they are fever-free without fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours.
- See the CDC guidance for further information: What to Do If You Are Sick
- 02.27.2022 Mask Mandate Update Letter
- 02.18.2022 Update Letter
- 02.11.2022 Update Letter
- 02.09.2022 Letter from Mrs. Galenski
- 02.04.2022 Updated Quarantine & Isolation Guidance
- 02.04.2022 Updated Quarantine and Isolation Tables
- 01.28.2022 Update Letter
- 01.21.2022 Update Letter
- 01.14.2022 Letter about Test to Stay Program and Update Letter
- 01.07.2022 Update Letter
- 01.07.2022 Letter about reduced quarantine period for asymptomatic close contacts
- 01.03.2022 Updated Letter on Additional Antigen Tests
- 01.01.2022 Updated Free Antigen Test Letter
- 12.31.2021 Free Antigen Test Letter
- 12.23.2021 Update Letter
- 12.17.2021 Update Letter
- 12.10.2021 Update Letter
- 12.03.2021 Update Letter
- 08.06.2021 Update on Reopening of School 2021-22
- Letter about Reopening of School 2021-22
- COVID Grant Money- ARP Spending Plan 07.01.2021
- Click here for a letter regarding instruction in September.
- COVID-19 Federal Grants Overview- CRRSA and ARPA
- Google Survey: Feedback on COVID-19 Federal Grants- Due June 30th
- Click here for an important letter regarding masks.
- Middle School & High School Families -- Click here to take the Middle School/High School Instructional Change Survey by 5-13.
- Letter related to new NYSED guidance; 04.12.2021.
- Interim Guidance for In-Person Instruction at Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools During the COVID-19 Global Health Emergency; Updated 04/09/2021.
- All Call to Families: December 30, 2020
- Updated Orange Zone and in-person return date- December 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Testing Consent Form for students- Survey due December 7th, 2020
- All Call to Families: COVID-19 Consent for Testing and Testing Update- December 04, 2020